Swansea Bay Futures Ltd was set up to raise the profile of Swansea Bay as a place to live, work, study, invest in and visit, in support of the development of the regional economy.
The company is focused on connecting and promoting business and development in Swansea Bay, both for companies based here and for those interested in establishing an operation or in undertaking a development in the region
Since April 2011, we have been working with Swansea University to help them to maximise the benefit to the region from the development of their new £400million Science & Innovation campus, which is the start of a campus expansion programme and which will be transformational for the region. As it progresses, Swansea Bay Futures will be disseminating information about the development and the commercial opportunities which will accrue from it and other University activity.
The company is also working with Swansea University on the employer side of student placements - seeking new placements under the Swansea Paid Internship Initiaitve (SPIN), launched in 2013 and the Week of Work (WoW), which takes place in January and June each year.
This is part of a wider brief which we work on to support economic development of the region, for our Partner and Associate companies, and for other companies interested in developing or setting up here. In general, our activity can be summarised as
- Supporting major projects, such as the Science & Innovation campus, to progress successfully and individual companies moving in or seeking to expand within the Swansea Bay region, using the expertise and network of its Board of Directors, executive and linked companies.
- Facilitating the connection between SMEs in the region and business opportunities arising from such projects and companies
- Acting as an interface with the region, providing local know how and helping companies to connect with other businesses, local authorities and educational institutions as appropriate
- Raising the profile and spreading good news about business successes, development projects, major employers and any initiatives positively affecting the region
- Promoting the attractions of the region as a fantastic place in which to live, study or do business, highlighting the superb quality of life on offer here...
- If, amongst other things, you want to enjoy a good work life balance, appreciate a beautiful and diverse natural environment, like being somewhere friendly and welcoming, have a passion for outdoor activity or sports, love the coast, or are looking for a great place for a family to grow up, then we'd say Swansea Bay should definitely be on your hit list.
Swansea Bay Futures is a not for profit company, limited by guarantee, and is managed by a board of directors drawn from across the public and private sectors. It receives support through partnership agreements with companies and organisations that have an interest in seeing the area achieve its potential and are prepared to work with the company to help achieve our goals.
If you want to find out more about the work of Swansea Bay Futures, please have a look at our frequently asked questions.
If you want to find out more about why Swansea Bay is a great place to live, work, study, do business or visit, then just roam around the pages of this site, focusing on your particular areas of interest, or just following your nose.
If you would like more specific information about the company, then please get in touch.