You are here: Home > Investing In
Investing In Swansea Bay
Swansea Bay is changing into a dynamic business region complete with a Waterfront City and a developing knowledge economy at the heart of its aims for the future. Swansea Bay is an inspiring place worth investing in – whatever your size or sector.
Top 10 reasons why Swansea Bay is the business...
- People and skills: With a population of approximately 547,000 and just over 1.5 million people living within one hour’s drive, 26.4% of the population hold qualifications at NVQ level 4 and above.
- Availability of commercial property: A wide range of available commercial sites and premises.
- Cost benefits: Swansea Bay‘s manufacturing productivity sits 40% above the UK national average and has the lowest manufacturing labour costs of any region in the UK.
- Support to relocate, Innovate and Expand: As well as Wales’ wide opportunities for grant support, Swansea Bay is a designated area for European Convergence Funding.
- Science and Innovation: Superb business incubation facilities and a number of specialist institutes in Life Sciences, Advanced Telecommunication, Creative Industries, Manufacturing & Materials and Innovation.
- Education and Business: Three separate Higher Education establishments, some world-class academic research credentials – particularly in Engineering, Computer Science and Medicine - more than 18,000 students and a proactive approach to knowledge transfer and business support.
- Business success: Swansea has been named in the top 10 fastest growing cities in the UK for business by the Royal Mail’s Business Barometer (2008) and is already home to a wide range of national and international companies, including HSBC, Amazon, Admiral, BT, HP, IBM, Fujitsu, The Connaught Motor Company, TATA steel, Pure Wafer and Virgin.
- Regeneration and Development: Best practice examples of successful regeneration and development projects.
- Communications: Excellent access to UK and European cities via its road and rail network, nearby Cardiff Airport and Swansea and Port Talbot Docks.
- Quality of life: With its unique blend of city, coast and countryside Swansea Bay creates a quality of life offer that makes people want to stay living and working here... and that's good for staff turnover rates and good for the bottom line of companies based here.
Find out why Swansea Bay's the business and a whole lot more!