Members of the Welsh Government's three new advisory panels - for tourism, construction and food and farming were announced today. The panels represent a wealth of experience and expertise that will make a significant contribution to support and help the sectors grow and create new jobs in Wales, said Business Minister Edwina Hart.
The tourism sector panel is as follows:
- Chaired by Dan Clayton Jones, Chair of the Heritage Lottery Fund
- Mike Morgan Proprietor, Llansantffraed Court Hotel, Abergavenny
- Menna Heulyn, Co-owner of The Harbour Master Hotel, Aberaeron
- Paul Lewin, Managing Director, Ffestiniog Railway Co
- Sir Brooke Boothby, Owner of Fonmon Castle (Conference, event venue) and Fontygary Caravan Park
- Philip Lay, Retail Director, S.A. Brains
- Dr Manon Williams, Director Client Services at CMi (Management Consulting) Private Secretary for Wales at office of HRH The Prince of Wales
- Margaret Llewelyn OBE, Former Managing Director of Dragon Shipping Line
Dan Clayton Jones, Chair of the Tourism panel will attend meetings of the Department for Culture Media and Sport’s Tourism Advisory Council and is the Minister’s representative on the Board of VisitBritain.
Chairing the food and farming panel will be Dr Haydn Edwards, the former principal and chief executive of Coleg Menai.
Its members are:
- Heather Jenkins, director of agricultural strategy, Waitrose
- Professor Kevin Morgan, professor of European regional development, Cardiff University
- Ieuan Edwards, managing director, Edwards of Conwy Ltd, and the Traditional Welsh Sausage Company
- Sue Evans, director of policy, Wales CLA
- Dai Davies, chairman, of Hybu Cig Cymru
- Simon Wright, chef and journalist
- Melanie Leech, Food and Drink Federation director general
- Mary James, NFU Cymru director
- Nick Fenwick, Farmers Union of Wales policy director.
The Construction Panel will be Chaired by David Joyce, Chief Operating Officer of Vinci PLC.
Its members are:
- David Harris, Divisional Managing Director, Cowlin Construction
- Ann-Marie Smale, Director, Powell Dobson Architects
- Chris Jofeh, Director, Arup
- Danny Fellows, Director, DFA International & Danny Fellows Associates
- Rhodri-Gwynn Jones, Civil Engineering Contractors Association (Wales) Ltd
Wednesday, 26 October, 2011.