Whether you’re looking to relocate to Swansea Bay, tracking down investment opportunities, seeking help to expand or driving innovation within your business, then there is someone here to help. If you need guidance on who to contact then please get in touch
Swansea Bay Futures works to promote and connect business, education and development in the region. Although it works mainly on behalf of its members, the company promotes all of the positive news from companies and developments in the region, keeping people in touch with what’s happening through its website, twitter, facebook and linkedin. Every month this collated in a free Swansea Bay newsletter
The Welsh Government is responsible for most of the issues of day-to-day concern to the people of Wales, including the economy. Their support for business is guided by their Economic Renewal Programme which aims to provide a better environment and infrastructure for business. Nine key sectorshave been identified as having a significant impact on the Welsh economy now and in the future and an exceptional package of support is available for all companies in these sectors, whatever their size. They are:
- Advanced Materials & Manufacturing
- Creative Industries
- Energy & Environment
- Financial & Professional Services
- Food and Farming
- Life Sciences
Each sector has their own panel. They are made up of private sector business people, who will give advice on opportunities within the key sectors. They are to use their private sector success and experience to help the Welsh Government identify the best opportunities for business growth.
Particular support is also offered for companies looking to make significant investment move into Wales, whatever their sector.
Every SME in Wales has access to a range of support services and resources, including diagnosing skills training needs, business skills workshops and training, help to tender for public sector contracts and property services to help find an appropriate base.
The Welsh Government also offers repayable finance to assist businesses development which is interest free and can be repaid over periods of up to 7 years.
Swansea Business Improvement District (Swansea BID)
Swansea Business Improvement District (Swansea BID) – Not for profit Private Sector company elected by Swansea City Centre businesses/organisations to help make the area a better place to shop, visit, stay and do business.
The BID delivers operations on five fronts –
- By ’increasing’ the BID works to help ensure visitor/shopper’s numbers increase through car parking and transportation schemes.
- By ’creating’ the BID helps ensure a safer and more secure environment through funding towards City Centre Rangers and operating Taxi Marshals plus additional Police Officer/s.
- By ’promoting’ working with partners to deliver a programme of events and promotions that attract visitors, shoppers and businesses driven through our consumer brand ‘The Big Heart of Swansea’.
- By ’improving’ the BID works to improve the physical environment, through the use of Chewing Gum and Graffiti removal schemes and deep cleanse projects.
- By ’developing’ the BID works to improve aesthetics of empty units, recruit new businesses and provides new usages, reduced business costs/bottom line and Mystery Shopper schemes and location model research. Ensure the private sector business voice over 800 + is truly heard locally, regionally and nationally.
Further information on Swansea BID can be found here – http://swanseabid.co.uk/
See our pages on Education & Business for detailed information on the way in which Educational institutions are working with the private sector on areas such as skills development, research & development and knowledge transfer.