New to the area? Taking on a bigger role with your existing employer? Then it’s often a good idea to join one of the business networking organisations and also to make sure you receive copies of local business publications and regular news updates.
The following are just some of the organisations which could be of interest to you:
- Welsh Assembly Government Support for business – Information, support and advice for those setting up a business in Wales
- South Wales Chamber of Commerce – Company membership. Offers regular networking and information events, plus monthly newsletter and regular email updates
- Swansea Bay Business Club – Individual membership. Offers regular networking events.
- Neath Port Talbot Business Club – A forum that gives local business people the opportunity to meet on a regular basis to find out more about major issues affecting the local business community.
- West Wales Exporters Association – formed in 1994, primarily a networking organisation, consisting of private and public sector organisations, based in the South West Wales area. Its members cover a wide range of sectors involved in the export field.
- Tourism Swansea Bay – Company membership. Offers information, training events and discounts.
- Federation of Small Businesses – Company membership. Offers services, information and support for small independent businesses
- Swansea Business Improvement District (Swansea BID) – Not for profit Private Sector company elected by Swansea City Centre businesses/organisations to help make the area a better place to shop, visit, stay and do business.
It’s also helpful to keep up to date on the latest business news. The following publications could be of interest…
- South Wales Evening Post – a daily business section, plus monthly Business pull-out. Produced by South West Wales Media Ltd
- Swansea Bay Business Life – a bi-monthly publication, covering all aspects of business in and around Swansea Bay. Produced by South West Wales Media Ltd
- Western Mail – daily business news for Wales with an extended section on Wednesdays. The paper publishes an annual Wales Top 300 Companies List and Report. It also publishes business magazines on a regular basis.
- Wales Business Insider – monthly publication that focuses on business in Wales, and sends weekly email business bulletins and updates.