… more than just an education
Established in 1931, NPTC is a dynamic College which has a long and proud history of providing excellent education opportunities for young people and adults from age 14 upwards.
Operating across eight sites in the area, the College supports more than 12,000 students and is continually developing and improving the way it works in order to give its students the best chance to excel in their chosen area of study.
Offering full-time and part-time courses, as well as a range of work based learning pathways, NPTC has very high aspirations for all of its students and has built its reputation on outstanding results year after year.
In enhancing the experience and opportunities for its students, NPTC runs a range of services which are open to the public or are of interest to businesses in the region. These include
- NPTC Recruit – working to support both students and employers in finding a jobs match
- IT Academy – offering a range of IT training courses – delivered on campus or in the work place
- Trainingwales – providing a range of programmes which are based in Twyn yr Hydd House, an impressive Grade 2 Victorian building situated in the beautiful grounds of Margam Country Park. Twyn yr Hydd also has a garden centre which is open throughout the year
- Blasus Restaurant – can seat up to 50 people, is run and managed completely by students and staff. Open Tues – Fri for lunch and until 9pm on Wednesdays for dinner
- Lilliput Nursery – providing professional day care services for children under eight years of age, on the Neath, Afan and Coleg Pontardawe campuses
- Canolfan y Celfyddydau / Nidum Arts Centre – a newly opened, purpose-built theatre with a 170-seater auditorium and two multi purpose ‘black box’ studios – all available to hire
- Reds Hair and Beauty Salon – open to the public and offer a wide range of hairdressing and beauty services.