HP is one of the largest IT company in the world and has been operating in Swansea for over 20 years.
Located in Swansea’s Matrix Park the HP Swansea Team provide IT professional services to clients across the UK Government and Commercial Sectors.
During our history in Swansea Bay HP have invested in the region and it’s people and are particularly proud of our association with Swansea Bay Futures.
Our team includes IT graduates, modern apprentices and employees who live across the Swansea and South Wales Region.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services is continuously looking at IT to enable positive transformation for the Swansea Bay region and are enthused by a number of recent developments e.g.
- Swansea’s ‘City Region’ Status – this is very exciting as an enabler for greater public and private sector collaboration and especially with the recent appointment of Sir Terry Mathews, being a champion for IT led initiatives.
- Swansea University 2nd Campus – the new Bay science and innovation campus is fantastic news for the region and HP are especially proud of the recent 3 year collaboration between HP Labs in California and Swansea University’s Engineering Faculty.
This ground breaking research is focused on Future Cities/Intelligent Buildings and we hope to show some tangible results to help Wales reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 80 percent before 2050. http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/hp-news/press-release.html?id=1696993
Future cities and living communities with Citizen Centric solutions are a key focus for HP and this blog from HP’s Business Value Exchange Reference points Swansea http://businessvalueexchange.com/2014/09/16/want-want/
As a founder member of Swansea Bay Futures, HP are delighted to be associated with an organization at the heart of the strategic objectives for positive change in the Swansea Bay Region.
In relation to the future of Swansea Bay please see some thought leadership from HP on Future, Citizen Centric connected cities……
- 10 Cities Designing for the Future
- Five Key Traits of Citizen-Centric Governments
- Six Elements of a Connected City
Connected Cars, Ride Sharing, Public Transit
- Road Runner: Rise of the Ride Sharing Revolution
- A Tale of Two Cities: Measuring the Potential Economic Benefits of Dynamic Ridesharing in Boston and Houston
- How Connected Cars will Revolutionize our Roadways and the Way We Drive
For more information please contact:
David Lake Morgan
HP Enterprise Services
EMEA Applications Services Marketing Leader
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com