Swansea Bay Futures Ltd was set up in 2006 to raise the profile of Swansea Bay as a place to live, work, study, invest in and visit, in support of the development of the regional economy.
It has since evolved its role to focus on connecting and promoting business and development in Swansea Bay, both for companies based here and for those interested in establishing an operation or in undertaking a development in the region.
This is part of a wider brief which we work on to support economic development of the region, for our Member companies, and for other companies interested in developing or setting up here.
The company is managed by an influential Board and a number of advisors.
It has a small executive team but, through our Members companies and personal networks, has an extensive reach.
Recent projects include:
- working with Swansea University to help them to maximise the benefit to the region from the development of their new £450 million Bay campus, helping them to connect with local business and the community
- supporting shared services company arvato develop relationships with Swansea Bay communities and making introductions with key influencers from the region
- using the expertise and network of our Board and advisors to undertake a range of actions ..
- facilitating the connection between SMEs in the region and business opportunities arising from major projects and company initiatives
- acting as an interface with the region, providing local know how and helping companies to connect with other businesses, local authorities and educational institutions as appropriate
- raising the profile and spreading good news about business successes, development projects, major employers and any initiatives positively affecting the region
- promoting the attractions of the region as a fantastic place in which to live, study or do business, highlighting the superb quality of life on offer here…