You and your employees are your company’s most valuable resource. The more knowledgeable and skilled they are, the better they can perform and assist your business to operate successfully and to grow.
The educational institutions in Swansea Bay offer a host of personal development and training courses which can be valuable for business and, as some of them are delivered by projects which receive support from Convergence Funding, they don’t even have to cost you anything, just time.
You don’t have to be a graduate already to benefit from the training opportunities for business delivered by Swansea University. Just a few of these are outlined below
- ION leadership: A highly successful leadership development programme specifically designed for owner-managers of small, medium and large enterprises to enhance their leadership skills and take their business to the next level.
- Work based learning programmes: Operating in Engineering, Human & Health Science and the printing & coating industry
- TILT: A business focused project design to improve and develop Language and Translation Skills. The project aim is to make Welsh business better able to compete in the global market. Business are can access fully funded places on its short, University accredited courses. Language courses cover cultural knowledge, customer liaison and business engagement skills.
Swansea University also has an excellent range of postgraduate schemes on a wide variety of subjects.
With more than 20 years experience in meeting the training needs of public and private sector organisations, GCS Training provide training solutions so that you can get the best out of your staff, offering off-the-peg training solutions and also tailoring their training courses to meet your exact requirements. The College offers a wide range of work-based, classroom and distance learning options to provide the perfect mix for your business.
NPTC Group is home to a number of specific initiatives including:
- trainingwales, which specialises in providing Health & Safety training programmes, Management training programmes and Assessment training and qualifications to individuals and organisations throughout Wales and beyond
- NPTC IT Academy, which offers a range of quality IT courses ranging from Microsoft Office courses to Microsoft Office Specialist and Microsoft IT Professional courses
Both NPTC Group and Gower College Swansea are involved in the delivery of the Skills for Industry project which is delivering training and development opportunities to private sector SMEs and charities until December 2015. With £8 million of funding available, the project offers accredited training for funded courses at various levels at a very low cost. Support is focused on those operating within specific sectors across South West Wales such as manufacturing, construction, automotive, engineering, financial and professional services, care and tourism
Check out our Business Events section to see future training and networking events for businesses in Swansea Bay